Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Have I succumbed?

This is the first of its kind. And when I say that I mean the first blog post I have ever done. Made even cooler by the fact that I'm moonlighting on Jane's blog.

I have 2 children, one much older than the other, and as we speak my infant is opening and closing things he shouldnt be. I should stop him, if I was going to buckle to the pressure of people who rush about molly coddling their children, sanitising his face and hands but in all honesty I just cannot be bothered.

Does that make me an incredibly bad mother? Is it bad to want your child to get germs and learn by snagging his fingers not to do something? Or am I going retro on the child-rearing?

Who would know? What I do know is that I have succumbed to the lure of daytime television and I dont care who knows it. My day is now centred around 16 and Pregnant (oh yes, there's nothing better than watching teen's cry about having unprotected sex) and the Jeremy Kyle show. Whats that even about? In whose world it is good TV to be white trash and yelled at by a man in a suit? How do I get his job?

In all honesty I think he is doing what we all want to do. I would love to walk up to people and say 'Look here love, he is a loser and all he's going to be is a loser, now sling your hook' or 'YOU ARE A LIAR! A good for nothing liar with no self respect'

Brilliant. I may start today actually. Just not filtering things. I'll let you know how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment